Right now, as we speak, there is a nonfiction book series on our body senses that has 6 books–yes, six. They actually made a book on intuition just so they could make six books in a series.
While I didn’t focus on intuition, I did do a program on the other, more scientifically based, senses for ages 2-5. Let’s see what I did!
Opening Song: Building Blocks Song
Tune: Hello Ladies
Hello __________ (first child in the circle)
Hello __________(second child in the circle)
Hello __________(third child in the circle)
Come build something with your blocks!
- Importance of scientific observation—make predictions, test, discuss
- Intro to 5 senses book: My Five Senses by Aliki
- Flannel: Five Senses Song
- Book: Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?
- Song: Little Wheel a Turnin’ by Laurie Berkner
- Book: Polar Bear, Polar Bear What Do You Hear?
- Station 1: Taste and Smell with food
Supplies: Dixie cups, cinnamon, salt, sugar, lemons, coffee grounds
- Station 2: Sound and Sight with bell brushes
Supplies: brushes, pipe cleaners, medium sized bells, acrylic paint, large painting sheets
- Station 3: Touch with Texture hands
Supplies: Markers, cut out hands, cotton balls, tape, sandpaper, noodle, glue