A trip trappy hello to you! This next on Fairy Good Tales, I present those grass-chomping conquistadors: the Three Billy Goats Gruff.
- Three Billy Goats Gruff – Storytell the original
-Review Questions: What does cranky mean? Why do you think the troll was cranky? What makes you cranky?
- Action Activity: Sizes—Remind children that there were three sized goats: a small one, a medium one, and a big one. Have an older volunteer stand up and ask children what is bigger than child, what is smaller. Write results on wipe board.
- Action Rhyme: Troll (Monster) Pokey
You put your claws in,You take your claws outYou put your claws inAnd you shake them all about!You do the wild rumpusAnd you turn yourself about!That’s what it’s all about!
- Fractured Tale: Three Triceratops Tuff by Stephen Shaskan
- Finger Play: Three Billy Goats Gruff (from Pennsylvania Center for the Book)
Three little goats went walking (hold up 3 fingers)
one lovely summer’s day.
They crossed a bridge to get some grass (fingers walk up arm)
but a troll got in their way!They tricked the troll and down he fell (dive arm)
into the water wet.
Now three little goats are getting fat (hold up 3 fingers)
and the troll hasn’t come back yet! (shake head)
- Fractured Tale: The Three Cabritos by Eric Kimmel